Monday, 12 March 2012

First post


Wow .. first blog ever, very exciting. 

A brief introduction: My name is James and I am the proprietor of James Conley Antiques, 165 Logan Road, Woolloongabba. Queensland 4102. I specialise in Antique furniture, silver and fine art, importing from all across the world.

Before Christmas I spent a month in Europe sourcing some of the most fabulous pieces; really unique, individual items that I know you'll love. I'm pleased to announce their  arrival on Australian soil.

The website is in the middle of an overhaul, my apologies, but rest assured I will be uploading images of all my latest pieces over the next few weeks. In the mean time why not pop by and see me at the gallery and see them for yourself.

I have also been invited to take the front page of the "Antique and Art' magazine. So I  have choosen to feature a stunning Grandfather clock that was made by George Harrison who was an apprentice to Thomas Tompion many years ago. It's an outstanding clock, one of the best I have ever seen. So look out for this cover in the next few months. 

I often find these special pieces whilst overseas, and feel owning something of this credence is a fantastic investment as they are very few and far between. What people have to remember is that Antiques are 'one-off pieces', of fine craftsmanship, they are not mass produced or flat-packed. If you look hard enough you may find something similiar but you may possibly never find the same. We  are rolling out of the era of wanting the same as your neighbour, and anyone with style is looking for the idividuality that Antiques can give you. As their flat-packs fall apart, people are looking for quality not quantity. It makes sense to purchase furniture that has already passed the test of time and in 10 or 20 years will still be standing, still be worth what you paid for it and is likely to be worth more than the day you purchsed.










No comments:

Post a Comment